- What Makes Brill Street Different from Other Recruiting Firms?
- Who is Gen Y?
- Do You Work Only With Gen Y Candidates?
- Why am I Called a “Brill Streeter”?
- Do You Help With Resume Writing or Interviewing?
- Do I Have to Pay Brill Street a Fee?
- Can I Register With More than One Recruiting Firm at a Time?
- Can I Get a Job With One of the Companies Listed Under Your Top 50 Gen Y Tab?
- What is the Best Way to Apply for a Job?
- How Can I Be Assured My Resume and Information Gets into the Hands of the Talent Team at Brill Street?
- How Should I Prepare Myself When Coming in to Meet With the Talent Team? What About Dress Attire?
- What Happens If I Don’t Get the Position for Which Brill Street Submits Me?
What Makes Brill Street Different from Other Recruiting Firms?
At the risk of throwing out our tagline again, we really do see talent differently. For us, you aren’t simply a list of your past jobs. We encourage our clients to hire based on three things: attitude, willingness and capability. When we look at a candidate, we see not only what you have done in the past, but also how those skills can translate into another position with one of our clients.
Who is Gen Y?
Broadly, Gen Y can be defined as those born between 1980 and 2000. You can read more about Brill Street and Gen Y here.
Do You Work Only With Gen Y Candidates?
We consider Gen Y to be a perspective, not an age. We do not discriminate on the basis of age (or any other protected status). However, our positions tend to fall within the 0 – 7 years experience range, so we do work with many recent grads and new professionals.
Why am I Called a “Brill Streeter”?
Although you work at our client’s site, you are a Brill Street employee, which we refer to as our team of Brill Streeters. As a Brill Streeter, you are a part of a unique relationship between Brill Street, our client (where you work) and yourself.
A few things for you to keep in mind as a Brill Streeter:
- Brill Street will process your payroll for the duration of your assignment at the client site.
- As a Brill Streeter, you should designate yourself from regular, full-time employees of the client.
- Your Brill Street Talent Manager will be your main point of contact for concerns or complaints about your assignment, performance reviews, requests for feedback or compensation
You should always refer to the Handbook for the full terms and conditions of your employment agreement. You can also contact your Talent Manager with questions.
Do You Help With Resume Writing or Interviewing?
Resume writing and interviewing workshops are not a part of our business model – that means you can’t come to us for just a review of your resume. When you work with us as a candidate for a position, we will coach you on how to best interview for that position, and help ensure you are prepared for the interview process.
Do I Have to Pay Brill Street a Fee?
No. Brill Street will never charge a candidate a fee.
Can I Register With More than One Recruiting Firm at a Time?
We do not require you to work with us on an exclusive basis. However, we do want to form a relationship with you, and that helps when you get to know us too.
Can I Get a Job With One of the Companies Listed Under Your Top 50 Gen Y Tab?
Companies on the Top 50 Employers for Gen Y Emerging Talent in Chicago are on the list because they are great employers for Gen Y. It does not necessarily indicate they are hiring through us, or even at all.
All of our clients are great employers for Gen Y, even if they aren’t on the Top 50. More importantly, we look at the fit between you and our client, so you are placed with a great employer for you.
What is the Best Way to Apply for a Job?
The best way to apply for a job is always through our web portal, which can be found at brillstreet.companybonline.com/candidates. You can apply to each position directly, or to our general inquiries option.
How Can I Be Assured My Resume and Information Gets into the Hands of the Talent Team at Brill Street?
When you submit an application through our web portal, our Talent team is notified. Every resume is reviewed by a real person, not a machine. If you may be a fit for one of our current positions, you’ll be contacted by a member of the Talent team.
How Should I Prepare Myself When Coming in to Meet With the Talent Team? What About Dress Attire?
Please come ready to discuss the role you are interviewing for, your past experience, and what you are looking for in your career. Understanding your background and interests helps us understand the attitude, willingness and capabilities you can bring to a role.
When you meet with our Talent team, you should dress in business casual. When in doubt, we always recommend you err on the conservative side. If you interview with the client, we will give you additional information about appropriate attire.
What Happens If I Don’t Get the Position for Which Brill Street Submits Me?
Sometimes this happens, but it doesn’t mean you won’t get another position down the road. One benefit of working with our Talent team is they know you as a candidate and will keep you in mind as we get new positions. We are building a valuable candidate pool, and we will reach to those candidates first.