Google, Groupon, Apple; undulated with applicants, with established reputations for selecting and hiring only the best people. What attributes do they seek in their desirable candidates? What can you do to differentiate your potential?
Recently I had an opportunity to share a table and discuss this topic with talent management peers from these three companies. What are the candidate attributes Google, Groupon, and Apple seek?
- Innovators, with initiative and thinking to invent and re-invent every day.
- Fast thinkers, with ability to bring speed to company execution.
- Agility, flexibility-adding versatility to the business to adapt to marketplace opportunity.
- Learning ability-exceptional drive and ability to learn.
- Global thinkers-from ideation to execution the marketplace is Global.
So you’d like to match the hiring expertise of these three hot companies? Adapt and incorporate these factors in your hiring process!